View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Jim,

Thanks for jumping in here . What system are you using as a controller. How does it interface with the sti engine management system? Impressive performance results !!! I'd be interested in any increases in timing and boost that this system allowed as well as what your afr's look like with the WMI.

Cole
my system was custom built by SMC, it was a complete kit, only problem is there is no failsafe, there was none out when i installed the car, i believe there are tons out now

the car had to be tuned for this, i run 23psi, and was running around 19-20 before water injection

as for the acutal tuning, i had it done by a tuning shop, i know a little about tuning, but not enough to take any chances blowing up a engine! i feel all tuning is better left to the prefessionals!

that is correct, water injection will not make power by itself, as for just about any parts, you get the most out of anything when it is tuned correctly!, these parts just allow more freedom to tune

my sti also has a intercooler spray, with two nozzles just over the intercooler, run to the washer tank that i NEVER USE, and i can mist the intercooler whenever i feel the need,..sitting in traffic etc,...

you can see the braided line for the water injection running into the charge pipe just before the TB
Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)