View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I would never trust even the most expensive water/alcohol injection set up to work consistantly or not clog up the nozzle for longer than 2 weeks of use.
JFairman,
I think you'd be surprised at the systems available nowadays. To address the clogged nozzles, you install a filter in the system.

The AEM setup is able to monitor the flow of water via a pressure sensor. If it leaves a defined range (high or low, I suspect), the system sends a signal to the ECU to run the basic, non-water injected map.

AEM Water/Methanol Systems for Gasoline Engines - Water/Meth Kits - Wideband O2 UEGO, X-WiFi, EMS Series 2, Engine Management, F/IC, Tru Boost, Gauges, and more Automotive Performance Electronics

This system is actually fairly basic - just a progressive controller with a boost input... and not a full 3D map with the ability to tune the water/meth the same way you'd tune a gasoline injector. Those systems exist... but are a bit more complicated. I suspect you see 80% of the benefit for 20% of the complexity and hassle.
Best,
John
Old 09-13-2010, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)