View Single Post

Garage
Zeitronix connection to RPM & MAP

I just received my Zeitronix datalogger with LCD display and MAP sensor. The kit looks very neat and installation should be straight forward.

According to the instructions, the RPM signal should be taken from the low voltage side of the coil. Can I use a signal from the tach instead?

Also, where is the best place to pick up vacum/boost signal for the MAP sensor?

I have been going back and forth on the LM systems from Innovate, and although it seems to have many possibilities, I have seen many frustrated posts about getting it to work. So, I ended up with the Zeitronix... The downside to this is the lack of on board logging storage, so you have to have the laptop hooked up to log data for analysis and tuning. I have ordered the necessary parts to build a small "data logging memory plug" that plugs into the serial port on the Zeitronix as any other computer dongle. I am basing this on a small micro-SD card reader. The micro-SD cards can be had with up to 8 og 16GB of storage (if not more) and this should be plenty for logging a cross country trip.
1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)