View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
It's not dirt in the water that clogs the nozzle, it's heat transfer back to the nozzle after shutting off the motor (like overnight) which dries the water in the nozzle and leaves behind hard whiteish color mineral deposits. Like calcium deposits from the water or something.
Most kits will use a plastic check valve inline to keep the water waiting at the nozzle between squirts along with a water filter upstream, and I'm sure that will last forever and be totally reliable too..

If using distilled water there is less chance of that but I've BTDT years ago and got the idea out of my system then.

It's a high maintenance risky setup if you're running more boost and or timing advance with it that I will bet money won't be working right in less than 6 - 12 months regular use... and it'll eventually be back in a dusty box somewhere.

This is just my realistic and negative opinion from experience.... that said, I would spray the water externally over the intercooler by simple momentary pushbutton switch from the headlight washer pump occasionally when at traffic lights and during acceleration if uncurable gadgetitis inspired me to do anything with water on my car.
this is why i was told to ONLY USE DISTILLED WATER so you dont get this build up
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)