View Single Post

I'm going to pass along a point of reference - not a legitimate argument. You're welcome to call me an idiot (already know I am) and tell me why this is bad advice, and I won't be able to intelligibly argue with you.

I've been researching the use of WMI in my '87 Carrera turbo conversion as I do not have room for an I/C under my Carrera whale tail. I work in financial services, so when it comes to making decisions for my car, I rely heavily on this forum and reputable tuners and engine builders. I *just* got off the phone with Todd from Protomotive to get his input on the matter since he will be customizing my ECU. He's a proponent of WMI. He said, "You'll definitely be safe in your setup to run 1.2 BAR boost with a properly installed WMI with safeguards." (I'm running 8.0:1 Mahle pistons with 3.3 L Mahle cylinders, 964 twin plug dizzy, and NO intercooler) Off hand, he mentioned that he's installed AEM and Aquamist WMI systems. He didn't caution me against any long term, potential side effects for my car. He simply said to make sure it's installed properly and with safeguards.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)