View Single Post

I'll defer to the mighty Steve for I am not worthy, but my two cents would be you've got the expensive part. Seems ashame to waste that.

The little I've read on the subject, thats why porsche abandoned them was cost. If there is an engineering problem I've never seen that discussed. \

Seals are $200, not real outragous given the price we accept for other things - like bearings. As for the covers... the 901/01 covers are typically 3-400 bucks, but you can pick up the 901/05 which have all the bosses cast but no machining for $50. Since you don't need the fuel pump mount its just drill and tap two holes and a backside endmill plunge for the seals. A good machinist should make short work of it in an hour or less (if I can do it myself the first time in two hours, a professional should get it done quicker me thinks ).

There are plenty of pics on pelican of failed rockers from clogged spraybar holes. The holes in the cams are large, I could never seem them plugging from crud. Use a big oil pump and feed both cams and spraybar. Damn near fail safe.

t
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)