View Single Post

Maybe switch the O2's and or the connections from side to side to see if the richness readings follow the sensors or leads.

What happens if there is some oil blow by on one side? Dose it effect the O2 readings?

Just thinking out loud. How much can playing with cam timing effect VE?

I am guessing it can move peak TQ up or down about 500rpm if moved to both extremes but I do not know this for sure. I would not think it would effect how much peak TQ would be made very much. Just where.

There is a thread here some where, where a PCA club racer re-timed his 3.2 normally aspirated cams and dynoed in search of more corner exit speed. It only effected peak HP about 3% in his case. However, Porsche re-timed the cams between 77&78 and Hp dropped from 200 to 180hp and HP peak moved from 6000 to 5500rpm which is 10% if that was the only change and the reported spec's are accurate. I am suspect as the reported TQ peak rpm point did not change between the years but peak TQ changed from 188 to 165# suggesting a change in VE's.

If it is the cams and the variance is significant then it seems there should be shift in which side is rich some where around the TQ peak area. And in the area where the TQ curve is mostly flat the AFR's might be ballanced.

Last edited by 911st; 09-13-2010 at 08:48 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)