View Single Post

Before going too far, I figured I should pull the plugs and see what they look likeÖI would say this is the biggest drawback of having the turbos on the side and the intercoolers pipes running up next to the valve covers. Fortunately, itís as simple as removing three nuts and disconnecting 4 hoses.

Lower plugs 1, 2 and 3 have black, sooty dry-looking deposits; this is consistent with this bank showing a rich condition. Plug 4 is sooty with 5 and 6 showing black on only the porcelain with the strap and base ring mostly clean. Since they are not consistent across all 6, I am thinking this is a fueling issue, probably injectors. Thoughts?

How quickly do the plugs become sooty with a rich condition? Could this have happened from my initial map being overly rich before I made adjustments? Should I clean the plugs and check them again or move on to having the injectors checked and flow matched?

As an aside, what are your thoughts on the heat range of the plugs? The uppers are Denso PK20PR-P8 and the lowers are NGK PJR7A.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)