View Single Post
Got Boost?

Garage
Hey guys, I have an idea, maybe has been discussed before but, at least I have not seen it. CIS was an advancement in it's time but obviously it is not close to ideal. We are constantly thinking about alternatives to make it as close to ideal (comparative to a modern EFI).

My opinion is that there are too many variables that operate at a mechanical level which are difficult to manipultate, MP, WUR, FD, low chamber pressure, high chamber pressure, etc.... Like any formula, you change one variable and all the others are affected.

The real option is EFI....but I, like many others do not want to move away from the CIS, be it cost, originality, the challenge of making it work at high HP, among others.

Well my idea is eliminate all the variables..take away the WUR and MP (along with its pivot arm) and put a single injector EFI by keeping the FD with the mixture pin stuck open and just work as a fuel distribution block and controlling the fuel rate with a single 500 lb/min injector (Precision Turbo Domestic Performance Fuel Injector Top Feed - Double O-Ring: No Limit Motorsport). Just about any ECU out there from Megasquirt to MOTEC will be able to control this, may be able to get away with just using a split second injector controller but have not done the entire research. This would be as close as we could get with controlling fuel without moving to individual injection Electronic fuel injection and keep a stock looking engine bay.

Last edited by IMONBOOST; 09-14-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)