View Single Post
Stranger on the Internet

Water injector

Cole:
I am searching at the moment. Here is one discussion:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/425318-intercooler-vs-no-intercooler.html

In short, my system was built by a local Corvette guy; he does a lot of superchargers on Vettes. He builds a very nice system. We re-engineered it a bit for the SC application. I will drag up some pictures. You need to keep in mind that the SC induction system is different than the 930 system, so you need a single point to inject that will distribute to all of your cylinders. I'd guess somewhere just past your throttle body and butterfly.

I use the windshield washer resorvoir for the water, and ran rubber tube to the pump and back to the engine bay. Greg's system has triple interlock fail safes so you can't fill the engine up with water. You can see it at www.blowerworks.net. I run distilled water in mine, and as JFairman mentioned, clean the nozzle regularly. The Corvettes run what is basically a 4.0 GPH (gallon/hour) oil burner nozzle (they are so big!). I run a 1.5 GPH Delavan 80 degree hollow cone oil burner nozzle, which provides ample cooling, and will last for 45 minutes at the track without draining the tank.

One other thing is that my SC has no tail. It looks like a slow old 162 HP SC. Nice.

I am an engineer, and my belief is that it is hard to beat phase change as a means of cooling, especially when you are looking at an air to air unit, which has a high approach for cooling.

The hole to the left of the WUR is the bung for the nozzle. If you want to see some installed photos of the other components, let me know.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)