View Single Post

Garage
I have a set on my car now. The quality of the welds appears marginally better then OBX with the GSF but the middle header pipe on the right hand bank (#5) was not welded correctly and leaked at the head. The sealing ring was welded short of the outside two and cocked at an angle that prevented good sealing. Because the heater box is welded to the header pipes, you could not pull the pipe against the head hard enough to seal. I actually sent it back to them and they sent me a new one that was worse. So, while they appear to be a good deal, their quality control sucks and their willingness to make things right with the customer doesn't exist. I ran a set of OBX without heat temporarily while I was waiting for the GSF to be fixed. Their quality was poorer but they sealed at the head without difficulty. I am running the GSF now having to double up on the exhaust gasket on the number 5 cylinder to reduce exhaust leak. When the budget allows, I will replace these with something else preferably made in this country with good customer support.

Last edited by sjf911; 09-15-2010 at 06:25 AM..
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)