View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Our host carries a JB Racing twin plug dizzy with parts (cap and rotor) that are readily available. I want to say it's about $1500 plus the wires, but maybe you only need to buy one set. Make the set up a lot easier than a 964 with no disadvantage.
You're absolutely right, the JB Racing twin plug dizzy probably would have been a superior solution. The trouble is that I already have a 964/993 dizzy, an Andial Splitter (for Montronic EMS) & the customized cables. Plus, the rebuilt 964 dizzy is a third the cost of that JB Racing unit!

If it's possible to accomplish this, I'm just trying to capture how and what it looks like in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
With the 964 set up, I would think you still need to add the vent mod to prevent belt beakage? My understanding is on the 964, if the belt breaks, it's bad news. Possible detonation, but not sure how this plays on a 930.
Yes. It's a very quick 2 minute install. Porsche actually sells a ventilation kit which includes a clear rubber tube and a fitting to vent the dizzy thru the plastic shroud used to direct the air from the primary fan over the heads & cylinders.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)