View Single Post

Yes! It's been done.

The fellow named Rob who snapped the picture above that I got from Rennlist replied promptly to my email and shared a wealth of additional information and pictures concerning this topic.

Quote:
Yes, indeed, I found someone who had done it. The good news is that I am enclosing photos. The bad news is that he died! But fortunately, I think the photos tell the story sufficiently, so you might not need to talk to him, because that would be difficult now.

His name was Hima Maher. He was from Calgary, Alberta. He came to the ďRose CupĒ race at Portland International Raceway in June 2004. The photos show how he routed the charge air pipe around the 964 distributor. The intercooler was made by Bob Holcombe, of MODE, in Phoenix (who does fabulous work). I talked to Hima about it at the time, but I donít recall who made the modded charge air pipe. Judging from the photos, Iím guessing it was not Bob Holcombe Ė Bobís work is much cleaner than that. But no matter Ė it obviously worked just fine. Hima had a fast car and it was fun to watch. The engine may have been built by Holcombe; I canít recall. It was running a Motec engine management system. In any case, I was interested to see a solution to a problem others couldnít be solved.

My original thread about this was posted in June 2004 to the now-defunct Turbo 911 site that Stephen Kaspar used to sponsor. Thatís why you couldnít find it. But hereís the notice of Hima Maherís death.

Hima Maher (Riegel Tuning) killed in avalanche - Rennlist Discussion Forums
Here are the additional images that Rob passed along to me. Enjoy!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)