View Single Post

Hello, I agree with previous posts regarding the more effective radiation with a dark finish, The Insulating properties of the paint are almost un measurable, We have done work in both design and modification of different I/C's and most are painted as per owners directions, Using our davtron in/out temp instrument I can honestly say that any difference has been very hard to detect.

So follow your heart and make it shine,

As a fellow engineer I applaud your quest for efficiency and would like to offer some tips during your I/C work.
First soak the unit with a suitable solvent then flush, Oil residue will coat the internal surfaces of the I/C reducing its efficiency, Even with a healthy turbo, cars that still have the breather connected to the air cleaner housing will exibit this.
Make sure that your rear baffle seal is in working order. If you can see your turbo and muffler when you look down behind the engine you need a new seal, A lot easier than you think to install abetter seal ( I will post photos if you wish) This is important as we combat heat soak during low speeds or at a standstill.
Last shim your recirc. valve and run a late model by-pass valve, In addition to quicker reaction time this mod reduces intake temps as compared to the factory set up.
Good luck on your quest,

Lou / AERO DYNAMICS
Old 09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)