View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
We can do this by engineering how the Metering plate and cone works.

The plate and cone design along with CP's determined by the WUR are the "chip" or MFI "space cam" of the CIS system. Change them and you reprogram the fuel deliver curves and quantity up to the fuel quantity limit of the head.

So how can we do this.

One way is to re-configure the cone by extending it or changing the angles. This would be a major effort.

Another way I learned of from the CIS expert I retained is to add a wedge or volume to add windage to the top of the MP. This keeps the profile of the MP higher up in the cone so the air pressure can push it down further for more gross fuel flow.

This is a picture of how it might look.

This would be a very easy way to do this. Would it not be cool if all you had to for more fuel to support your new big turbo is to replace the metering plate?

There is /was such!
Hello,
I seem to remember on my 300CE Benz, that the additional plate picture provided by another person(silver disc) was actually at the BOTTOM of the flat plate, which I found odd, but then it made sense as to smooth out the flow, instead of creating more vortices's/turbulence.

Aerodynamics is a very tricky, black art...glad someone else is thinking of this as well...would like to hear or see some results.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)