View Single Post
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

strange knock from engine need some help with diagnostic

hey guys

i took the 930 out for a drive and while at a stop sign i noticed a strange knock!!

this only occurs when you blip the throttle to about 2k rpms and while its dropping back to idle if you just touch the throttle to stop the rpms from dropping you get a single knock. this only happens at low rpms, the car has good oil pressure at idle and runs 5 bar at 3-4k on the dash gauge. there is no knocking under load and non under .5 bar boost as i was afraid to boost any higher till i find the knock. this knock may have been here a long time because its very heard to here unless you know what your listening to. while behind the car with my chest on the intercooler with my left hand operating the throttle i can feel the knock on my chest, it feels like a valve opening and closing when it happens. i cant determine what area of the motor its coming from maybe right side. was thinking chain slap from the chain case area but just not sure.

any ideas?

cheers ed
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)