View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera turbo View Post
i have read a little about eliminating this unit from the engine,if so what type of valves are you guys running and what can i expect from a different unit or type. i have a larger intercooler but its the short type to bolt on a factory motor. should i just replace the gaskets and be happy or should i go another route?
You can eliminate the stock recirculation valve assembly completely by converting to a 965 setup with a long-neck intercooler.

The 965 setup uses a tiny plastic Bosch recirculation valve instead of that magnesium housing - although at least some people hold the Bosch part in their hand for less than a minute before they head for the nearest web browser and buy a billet replacement instead (rebuildable, tunable).

(The plastic Bosch valves don't have the best reputation for reliability - but are also factory fitment on SEATs, Audi's and probably some VW's - so the aftermarket is knee deep in better made alternatives.)
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)