Thread: clutch help
View Single Post
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
how much more responsive is the lightweight set up you show? I know the stock flywheel/pressure plate assembly in my 79 930 takes forever to react to throttle blips. I had a 911SC by comparison which revved really freely so looking for a comparison between these 2 (dont know if you have ever driven a 911SC). Is there any negative effect on the turbo boost threshold or driveability by reducing the mass here.
thanks,
Fred
The only effect that maybe a negative for some people would be the transfer of vibration and harmonics in the cockpit. The common complaint is disconnect and lag. The responsiveness, engagement acceleration will have crisper feel. Generally you will feel more connected and engine acceleration will quicken. The boost will come on sooner with reduced turbo lag. It won't add hp but converts that energy into motion you can use. Also still very easy to drive. Feels like 50hp. I would go for it.

I used to machine the release bearing and starter ring extension parts when I worked at MODE. Vary familiar with the parts.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)