Thread: suspension help
View Single Post

Frank, I looked at the PDF's of the factory workshop manuals you and I have and it shows the shim that goes between the suspension pan and the leading edge of the gaurd that goes over the front control arm bushing mount but the diagram doesn't include the front AC condensor gaurd bar that is also held on by that bolt so the second shim is not pictured in the PDF I have... not much of a help I guess.

Nice thing is all the bolt torque specs are in there and you need those.

None of those shims go between the pan and the frontmost control arm bushing mounts from the factory so you can go ahead and assemble it all.
Your RSR spherical bushings from Clint will go there if you use them.

The shim orientations on the bolt above and between the control arm bushing gaurd and the suspension pan and below and between the control arm bushing gaurd and the AC protection bar can be figured out later. It may not matter any way because the front bolt that goes through the gaurd doesn't go through the front control arm bushing mount so it has nothing to do with bolting it to the suspension pan.
It seems the placement of those shims that fit best when things are bolted up would work.
Hopefully you'll find someone that knows.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)