View Single Post

Garage
Help with vacuum/air lines

OK, so I just posted on the 911 tech forum, but someone here may be a better bet. So, here's the story in a nutshell:
In a cleaning frenzy this spring I pulled my engine (86 930). Whilst out, I decided to remove all the air pump assembly in its entirety. Now, I have a few "extra" ports, hoses and holes ... or so I think. As far as vacuum hoses go, I have two out of the distributor. one of them goes to the time switch then to the front of the throttle body. The other goes directly to another port on the back of the throttle body. There are now two unused ports on the throttle body which I plugged. There is a larger port under the intake manifold to the left of the throttle body that had a 25mm or so hose on it which went to the air injection. I have plugged this one. There is another similar sized port (see photo) which I do not recall where it goes to... The port is in the center of the photo pointing downwards. Any ideas where this goes?

Also, having a he$$ of a time getting the black elbow hose on. Any tricks? It was easy with the engine out and now...well I spent too much time trying today already.

Early S Reg.
R Gruppe PNW
Old 09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)