Thread: 930 car door ??
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeos View Post
Hello. My one car door is incredibly difficult to close. It must be slammed hard to close. there seems to be the rubber seal that is too far out. can in any way backs rubber seal in??. car door fits well with the chassis. Have some good Ider to what I can do?

sincerely, john.

You can start by adjusting the striker plate outwards (shown in your picture) about a mm at a time until the door latches with minimal effort. You will need a 12point socket driver to loosen the two mounting bolts (I'll have to check my toolbox to confirm the size).

Another adjusment can be made to the window frame itself, to angle it back if necessary - thus giving the door more room to latch before the window frame contacts the top seal. If I recall the frame mounting bolts are accessible through rubber plugs in the leading and tailing edge of the door.

I went through all the same adjustment stuff when my door had to be slammed pretty good to latch, and I eventually ended up replacing the door latch mechanism inside the door. I suspected it as being the problem because the drivers door latch didn't have the same two-click operation as the passenger door (the latch should have two positions...one half-way and one fully closed if you were to manually turn the latch on the side of the door). Turns out a spring had fallen out in the stock door latch, but I didn't know that until I replaced the entire assembly.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)