View Single Post

Garage
Both problems solved. I had an "ah ha" moment after reading the replies today on both this and another forum. The port in the photo goes back, under the manifold and to another "Y" pipe that also goes to the recirc valve assembly. Problem solved. For some reason I just blocked it out, but makes perfect sense now!

And the elbow hose... forget the tool, just put the hose on while installing the assembly. I had to remove the assembly to install the hoses, just two bolts, a nut and a few hose clamps. She then slid on like butter... probably why it was so easy out of the car.

Now, for a final question:
There are two vacuum ports on the distributor. The one closest to the dizzy body goes to the time switch located center far left of the second photo. Then from the switch to a port on the throttle body. The second one is going directly to another port on the throttle body. This does not really make sense as they both are essentially going to the same place so retarding and advancing at the same time when the switch is open...I think...???

The manuel shows there to be a valve of some sort to connect it to inbetween the dizzy and the TB. On some earlier cars, the hose goes to a point on the breather, but my car does not have this option. Am I hooked up correctly or ???. Am I missing another piece that maybe came off with the smog pump?

Thank you all for your help so far.
Early S Reg.
R Gruppe PNW
Old 09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)