View Single Post

My safety switch just saved my car on the track when the EBC failed. I love that little switch and would never disable it.
You can check it two ways. The simplest way is to remove it and hook a hose on to it with a 0-20 psi pressure gauge in the line and pressurise. You need an ohmeter across the terminal and body - you will see the pressure when it breaks contact. It normally earths the fuel pump circuit - until o/boost. If it really is opening at 0.8 bar, the spring inside it is tired (heat fatigued) and you should replace it - about $60 (just installed a new one today).
You could test it by pressurising the system in the car, but more complicated.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)