View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Les,

Great story, I can realy relate !!!!

All the real 930 people have their own personal story. I went to school nights for 7 years with a wife and three kids and worked full time in a grey iron foundry during the day. The Porsche dealer was on my way to school and I always cruised their lot on my way home. It was so bad the cops stopped even pulling in to check because they recognized my truck. Saw my first 930 there in 1976 and have never forgotten the feeling it gave me. I'm now 67 and I still turn on the light and open the door just to look at mine before I go to bed some nights and it still gives me that same feeling I had 34 years ago. Your either a real 930 guy or your not !!!!

Cole
That puts it in perspective. I grew up in a household full of Corvettes. Back in the eighties sometime, my dad used to come in my room and ask me why I was building models of a 930 (he referred to it as a 911 Turbo). I told him someday I was going to get one. He wouldn't say much, as we had 61' 73' and 85' year Vettes in the garage. It took me til my 33rd Birthday until I got mine. I couldn't believe it. I thought life was complete. Great wife, son, business and now the 930.

I'm still amazed at the car's performance, especially when you consider that it was built almost 30 years ago and is completely unmolested stock and never been apart, a survivor, if you will. Although it's the coolest car ever, I'm looking to get something different now. Can't keep all of these cars and the 61 Vette is the family tradition car that my brothers and I took to our HS prom and is still around.

Probably going to part ways with mine or convert it to something rsr like. I know, you guys won't like it, but it'll always be the 930.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)