View Single Post

Garage
Interesting observation, Pete. $65K is probably close to the top end of the market for a nice 930. Of course, that car appears to be totally stock and has a lot fewer miles so I am sure it is being sold as a "concours" car that can be taken to the big shows and win... unfortunately that's not my car. Close, but not exactly... mine could be returned to stock by putting on the old parts and locating an original muffler, intercooler and turbo but I don't think that's the right course of action. The stock cars are fun but the built ones really make the most of this platform. As everyone knows, a few simple mods go a LONG way in the 930. That said, perhaps I should reach out to Tom P and see if he's interested in flipping my car and making a huge profit

Who knows, perhaps it would be worth my time and effort to return it to stock and trying to sell it for $50K plus but personally I think that would be taking this car backwards. I have invested a lot of time and money building this car and I believe it is perfect for what most buyers are looking for... a well sorted and strong running low mileage 930.

My hunch is that there just are not that many serious buyers out there today given the economic environment and I'm going to have to price it aggressively (which I believe I have) and wait for the right buyer to show up.

I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes and I appreciate everyone's thoughts, input and feedback.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)