View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930lad View Post
running a 400bhp plus 930, all the tweaks under the cis system and she's on a standard clutch. I'm feeling her slip slightly and don't want it explode under pressure re bell housing etc.....should I put a harder clutch in and what type......all pointers please very welcome.
Go with the stock rubber centered disc. That way you'll know positively and instantly when it fails...no warnings, no questions asked

I can't give you any cross-comparison perspectives, but I can give you personal perceptions and experience. I love my KEP Stage 1 PP/Sachs spring centered combo. Much lighter in weight (IIRC, 14 lbs. less). Went that direction when my stock PP/Sachs spring centered disc started slipping slightly after I did all the mods to my car. The age of the clutch and the extra HP began to show. Personally, you probably don't need to go beyond the Stage 1 with the HP you're running, unless you want to put up with a pretty stiff clutch. Some people don't like the stiffness of even the Stage 1, but I never found it all that terribly different than my stock and quickly got used to it. Hey, it's a mechanical linkage after all and will never be as easy as a hydraulic.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)