View Single Post

Garage
Good points, Brian. I guess I am looking/hoping for that buyer that realizes the difference between my car and the "no issues driver priced in the high 20s". I know those cars are out there and are great buys... my feeling is at $35K this car also represents a great buy.

I'd like to think that if I were in the market I'd see the extra $5-7K for this car as money well spent and a no-brainer. I am selling this car so I can buy my first Ferrari and I am finding that I need to be prepared to pay an extra $10-20K for a well sorted car with the options I want. I don't trade cars often so I'd rather buy "THE" car for me than buy a car I don't want or might cause me problems down the road because it wasn't well sorted when I bought it. As everyone knows, the same goes for our cars and there is no such thing as a "cheap" 930. (That's not to suggest a 930 priced in the 20s is cheap, the point of this thread is to have an open discussion on the current market value of good 930s and I'm simply pointing out that this one is well sorted, low mileage and documented. Really no expense has been spared on this car since new.)

Of course, you can never be sure with used cars but you can do your homework and buy a well documented example in hopes that you mitigate your risk. I should and will start marketing the car elsewhere and may even put it on ebay for fun. At some point I am sure I can negotiate a trade with someone ready to sell me a Ferrari and the tax advantages of a trade-in make that option the right decision.

Thanks again for the thoughts and feedback. It is interesting to hear everyone's take on the market and value of these great cars.

Cheers!

TT
Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)