View Single Post
Registered

Mufflers...can we compare noise levels?

I must be getting old...my 88 930 is just too loud...

It has somekind of home brew double cannister exhaust, which I assume is straight through...

Its loud at idle...louder at mid throttle... and super loud wide open. It keeps me from enjoying the car, because I have to yell to any passengers when cruising. And if there is a police car in the vicinity, I have to shift to 4th to have a passable chance of avoiding a meet and greet...

Over the winter, I have to change to something else...

So whats the scoop on the mufflers out there?

I heard Borlas are quite loud. I believe RarelyL8 has some sport mufflers. Ansa... Home brew?

Is there a difference in the noise levels? It seems that most turbo mufflers run straight through...so are they all about the same volume???

Which muffler is louder than stock, but not offensive to the neighbors?

Can folks rank the mufflers out there in terms of noise? I don't want to give up too much performance...but I would like to hear my passengers too... I wouldn't mind hearing the turbo spool up also...

Does removing the aftermarket intake (simple round air filter) and going back to the airbox make a big difference? I plan on doing that this week...
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)