Thread: 930 EFI Candy
View Single Post

Ok. Lets see If I can get all of these questions answered:

Juan Ruiz: That catch can was purchased from as part of a B&B header installation kit that I purchased from Patrick Motor Sports.

jimsteet: Yes it is an Innovative turbo (great eye). It is a ceramic ball bearing unit that I have owned for about 4 years. What type of issues did you have? Was it a ceramic version or standard metal bearing cartridge? I will be using a gravity flow water cooling system to help eliminate heat soak on shut down so, hopefully, the bearing life will not become and issue.

Here are the engine highlights:

1. Protomotive modified 3.2 Carrera ECU with pressure sensing (at the throttle body) and vacuum tube (on the ECU) modification by Todd Knighton. Todd also modified the mapping for my engine build specification.
2. Protomotive rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
3. The distributor is from JB Racing (sold here on Pelican).
4. The headers are modified Zuc-Z (B&B style). I have added a T4 devided flange and two seperate waste gate pipes that feed one Tial V44 waste gate with a 1 bar spring.
5. Pistons are JE 8:1 which have dry film lubrication and thermal barrier coating applied by Xtreme Performance Heat Coating in Camarillo, CA
6. Heads were rebuilt by Ollies and modified for twin plug. I did all of the intake porting to blend and match the Carrera intake. They are 41mm in diameter. Also. Ollies added the C2 head gasket modification on the advise of both Protomotive and Ollies.
7. The case was line bored and boat tailed by Ollies.
8. Cylinder are 98mm (3.3 turbo version). They have been replated by Millennium Technologies and half mooned (wendage cut).
9. Ignition will be two MSD6AL units.
10. Intercooler will be a Porsche 965 which has been modified to direct the cold air charge directly into the Carrera intake manifold with adding an additional tubing.

I am sure there are many thing that I am leaving out, but this is a start.

Thanks to everyone for there support.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)