Thread: Lets talk cams
View Single Post

Garage
I do plan on staying with CIS (until I run out of modifications and find the need to step into that realm). I would down the line like to get into the piston/twin plug/ignition mods. I figure at some point the engine will be calling for a refresh and at that time I will cross that bridge.

As far as power wants/needs I have grown with the car and slowly/yearly tried to enhance performance. I have come along way from stock. I have gone primarily with the traditional upgrades. (k27, 1 bar spring, Kokeln IC, B&B exhaust, modified air box K&N cone filter, bumped cam timing for low end responce, lightweight clutch) At the beginning of each season after making whatever modification I did I was very happy and figured that would keep me satified. Well guess I'm not satisfied. I am in pretty good shape as far as lag (compared to where I was with stock). I feel I run short on power after 5000-5500 (k27?). I am not overly excited with the exhaust note.

Do I sit here and tell you I want to dump more money into my toy and am looking for some opinions. Maybe so. Can you blame me!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)