View Single Post
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Cole...The hand built quality of the 911 has been lost as well. When the number of man hours it took to assemble a 911 in '89 dropped from 80 to 30 with the 996 I began to get suspicious. Perhaps if Porsche had not retooled using Japanese manufacturing techniques they'd have been relagated to the Morgan-heap. I suspect not. What has happened in reality is the individuals who gave this company it's soul passed away. Guardians of the brand replaced by number crunchers concerned about bottom line...expansion... and VW? I still cannot get used to pulling up next to a mom in a Stuttgart SUV. The gentlemen's agreement between Mercedes and Porsche died with the father. Bring on the sedans!

When I was a kid seeing a Porsche let alone owning a Porsche was special. Blinking our headlights at one another in recognition of the excellence we were driving regardless whether it was a 914 or 930 was the norm. Now when I see a Cayenne coming towards me on the street I just don't get the same feeling. nuf sad.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)