View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMONBOOST View Post
Just that the stepper motor will not violate the original CIS design in terms of how the pressure differential is controlled (plunger).
My thoughts exactly, keep it as original as possible, but change the control elements slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMONBOOST View Post
I have started doing research with the designs used for fly by wire throttle body control. There is readily available documentation of people using PIC microcontrollers for a to d conversion and using a PWM signal which is probably the logical signal to use from the EFI ECU.
That was my next thought, to keep things simple, just build an outboard stepper motor driver that accepts the PWM signal from the ECU. If all works well, then implement the stepper motor driver internal to the ECU.

FWIW I built a MegaSquirt I and play with it using the STIM and my o-scope. Haven't done anything else with it. I might be tempted to donate it to the cause.

Here's a good source for all things MegaSquirt:

DIYAutoTune.com Megasquirt Kits / Assembled Engine Management Systems, Wideband o2 Sensor Systems and tuning products

Last edited by WinRice; 09-23-2010 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)