Thread: no boost?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI930 View Post
This forum is a great resource. Spend enough time researching and you'll find pictorials for almost everything.

The first time I took apart the valve, I was able to extract the piston and spring by just removing the cap nearest to the rear of the car...but just barely 'cause of other "stuff" in the way if I recall. My point: You may not have to remove the entire manifold to get the piston out.

550racing, please realize that even if you go through all the work, this may not be the issue with your lack of boost. I can see how the piston might eventually become stuck in the closed position if long periods of non-use, but getting stuck in the open position seems unlikely since it's under constant spring pressure to keep it closed. Unless the spring broke (unlikely, but who knows?). Just don't want to send you on a witch hunt. Do take a look at all the other suggestions as well. You'll find the issue sooner or later and become an expert in the process.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)