View Single Post

I would not wast my effort. Just unplug the manifold boost line to the WUR and keep it in place as your pressure reg.

Look at the surface area of the top of the plunger to the hot control pressure and calculate the pressure on the top.

If you feel you need to counter this to some degree, add a spring to the arm acting on the bottom of the plunger.

If you want more purchase on the plunger you could mount the steper motor so it acts on the original metering arm.

You might be able to take RPM and duty cycle from the EFI controller and write some type of program to translate that to the position you need the steeper motor at.

Example, 800rpm at 5% duty cycle is idle might be 5% steeper position, 80% duty cycle at 6000rpm (peak HP) is near full control plunger position.

Gross fueling might actually be extended to some degree. I belive the metering plate stalls and dose not advance the control pin to its furthest position. However, the Fuel Distributor will be subject to the same gross fueling limitations. (Which we know how to extend if needed.)

Last edited by 911st; 09-23-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)