Thread: Lets talk cams
View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSKI View Post
totle, What kind of numbers did you end up spending?(if you don't mind me asking) Did you do the work yourself? You may have me sold. I was out this evening for a blast and brought it up to 60 in forth put it down and went no where. I have the k27-7200 which made such a difference in a smoother more driveable ride. I would like to back that up without going too crazy. My modifications are modest but effective up to this point.
Hi, I bought the parts over the winter, have not figured out the numbers.
The cams I bought here on the board from a pelican. They are 930 cams regrinded to SC spec. Think they was around 300.
The rebuilding and porting was done by myself, so nothing else than labor time.
While engine was out I installed MSD ignition.
A free flo muffler will let your turbo spin sooner than the original muffler does.
Budget was almost gone, but wanted new headers as well, so went with OBX. I know that many here has problem with them. Welding was done good, but must admit there was a fitting issue.
Since living in Norway I needed heat, so had to weld heater boxes on.
Saving for Brians headers.

Also to have the the power down low rpm, timing is set on the higher values. SC cams can be times at 1.1-1,7. I timed mine to 1.65mm

Did a test drive together with my friends 89 930 that has 964 cams. We started in 4'th (his 5th) and my car had much quicker spoolup.
Maybe not a good comparison since he has G50-50 trans !!
1986 944 Turbo
Old 09-24-2010, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)