Thread: no boost?
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5050racing View Post
So I should put the same back on it ?? send it out to rebuild like the one guy said?Just ripin on the street for now and the last 24 years but who knows,all stock.
Are you quite happy with keeping the stock setup? If yes, by all means use the same model turbocharger. There are some very good used parts places out there, Parts Heaven for instance, that will sell you a 3LDZ cheap and will probably last another 10 years, if cared for properly.
If, on the other hand, there's increased horsepower in your future, then it's time to upgrade the turbo to a K-27 7200 or equivalent. It's pretty much a bolt-on upgrade, except for the charge pipe between the turbo and intercooler. The nipple on the 3LDZ is different than the 7200. I believe Rarly8 sells these adapters for the conversion as well.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)