View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
THE most important thing is that whatever intercooler you have is properly shrouded AND that no other air is coming into the engine compartment uncontrolled. It is a compromise. The engine needs cooling air for both the intercooler and the cylinders. It also needs to injest air for power.
There simply must be a strong pull of air through the intercooler at all times.
Obviously you don't want the intercooler to restrict air flow to the engine fan to the point that the cylinders are not adequately cooled. Using the largest and thinnest intercooler you can fit will accomplish this.
Check the engine tin and seal up all the holes. Check the rear body seal where the shock towers are located, this can be a HUGE hole.
Once all these things are done you can take a look at various intercooler core efficiencies. It simply does not matter how good the intercooler is if air is going around it.

Since I have removed the heating and A/C, the engine compartment is full of holes. I'm going to use aluminum sheeting to close these. Any words of wisdom on other techniques to close these?

So, let me close these up. If I continue to have problems, what about a intercooler mist system?

Seine Systems > MPC

I also found this interesting article

Intercooler Mist System

Thanks so far for your guy's thoughts!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)