View Single Post

Brian,

You may be right especially in reference to the stock 930 IC.

Check out what Porsche did on the C2 with no A/C condenser to work around. More like aerodyne is describing. They did however still limit the air intake side to a degree. My favorite is what Porsche did on the 993TT. That is closer to a full bay as you note. So good question.

The Andial half bay is closer to the RUF unit I suspect. I know Andial supplied it with some ducting to match.

RUF knows more than me. I am not 100% sure that the snorkel on the wide body 3.4 BTR is RUF but it sure looks like it.

I might add that Corky Bell say's that air flow over and around the end tanks and plumbing can show a measurable benefit and to not discount it.

In most cases the stock IC's are tube and fin and they are supposed to flow cooling air more efficiently through them than the aftermarket bar and plate. So I guess that could be another variable making the C2 intercooler more like a full bay in terms of restriction.

So who knows what is the perfect set up it and it probably varies depending on if it is a street or track car but it is fun to speculate and experiment.

I think we can agree that we do not want the intake air to be preheated by the intercooler or motor in any way or the intercooler will have to work harder to achieve the same exit temps. And, that we want as much air flow through and around the intercooler as possable.

Cool!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)