View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to agrimmitt
Thumbs up Yes, it's very possibel

I have done what you are talking about. First on an early 911, then on a 914-6 and current on one of my exhaust systems used on my 83sc>RS clone. The early mufflers I feel were easier to work with, open from the top and return or baffle to taste. The later system have more supports and rivets holding them together. You need to be a better than average welder it try it yourself; and your local muffler shop is not where I would take it then. And in CA, smog regulation doesn't permit them>right. Take it to a local "quality" welding shop have them open it above the top of the center seem. Then remove what you please, but have them add some cross supports and some "c" shaped material to cover from within a CHP officer running a piece of metal into the pipe and not hitting something. It is going to be loud>period with some increase in hp; but what is only a guess. In the mid to late 70's Pano ran an article showing how to do turn a 911 exhaust into a "sports" exhaust. I think I still have a name/address/# of a guy in Nev. who is an amazing welder and builds custom track exhaust system to meet DB levels at some of the track. Good luck and enjoy; o'ya have you filling checked by your dentist before reinstalling the exhaust system!
art
agrimmitt@pelican
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)