Thread: no boost?
View Single Post

You can do this in stages as your funds allow. When I first went down that road with my then stock 930, the first modification was to replace the exhaust (muffler) with aftermarket. Even with the stock 3LDZ turbo, there was a noticeable improvement in performance. Next came modifications to the air intake to shorten the path and reduce restriction, then a larger intercooler, a K27 turbo, and Tial WG @ 1.0 bar. All combined, that transformed the car quite nicely. Then I started messing around with adjustable WUR's to optimimze fueling, and ignition advance controls. If I were to complete the long-term plan, I would install an aftermarket header and crack open the engine to install the SC cams I have sitting on the shelf. After all that, I'm done with engine performance enhancements.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)