View Single Post

When I redid my cv boot I found a thread that reccomended the schnoor washers even if not factory equipped with locking devices.

I am no expert on the matter but I actually herd a clunk from the rear of my car the otherday and need to check to make sure the bolts are still tight.

Apparently it is problematic to keep them tight and some people even result to saftey wire? Im not sure just passing second hand info.

Also it was such a difficult mess to rebuld the axles. Can you just drop them off at a shop and have them rebuild them? I would think it wouldent be to expensive at a transmision shop to have them rebooted and rebanded.

If you look on pelican sight it seems the axels changed in 84. The 84 axels are 400ish dollars and the others are 200$. At 200$ I would have bought new axels but 400 is too rich for my blood. It seems ridiculous to buy a whole new axel for a torn boot, But I really hated messing with that grease and trying to band the boots.

AES
Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)