View Single Post

I have to do some digging, but I have the Road & Track where they did a comparison between a 930, a 934 and a 935. The performance figures that were given, were actually extrapolated from the data logging(?) the factory engineers did at the track the comparison was done at, if memory serves right. The numbers thet quoted did not make any sense to me either and extrapolating from the information given, their "quarter mile" was 150-200ft shorter than most. The car also had very short gearing, in the neighborhood of 180mph. And the 590HP (935/76, car pictured above is later model twin turbo)was rated at 1.3(?) bar boost, which they well exceeded in qualifying. But according to one of the professional drivers of the car, when they were at tracks that had F1 cars practicing at the same time, the 935 would actually pull them on the straights.
I think that Porsche wanted everybody to know that their cars were fast, but not give any real numbers to the opposition.

Last edited by Ollies930; 09-28-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)