View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
I think the thing is, that just because you can do something short-term to get HP or Torque, doesn't mean you should go down that road. For every extra HP you gain in some mod, you will lose some degree of reliability/wear and tear. How MUCH reliability you willing to sacrifice as a function of HP is anyones guess. When I was doing an internship between Andial and Jim Busby Racing in 1989-1991, a very high HP engine might go 2-3 races before a very expensive rebuild.

When I found my 911, it was a 1.5 year search to find an absolutely stock car in great condition, and go from there. When someone has already a "project" car, that's now for sale, it would be wise to tread very carefully before getting out that checkbook.

Well, I can say that I don't know the in's and out's of this vehicle, I can say it's possible to produce with particular modifications 600 on Jetronic.
I think there are assumptions that the vehicle must be modifed and in total distress. Not always.

1. A race engine is very different then a high powered street engine.

2. Most race engines are measured in life hours, each part that be is measured in hours of operation.

3. I agree on checking it over befor that checkbook goes out, but then a guy who's looking for a stock turbo /911 is not really in the same market. One would assume he or she knew what they were looking for in the first place, simply not on a whim.

4. I am not exactly sure one could call that car a project car, a modifed or tuned
example surely. Project is speculative term for this particular example. That car was not exactly molested.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)