View Single Post
Turbofrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodyn930 View Post
Sounds like oil was ingested into the air cleaner housing, Perhaps from a high oil level, Recommend running the breather hose into a catch can and running no higher than the middle of the range on the dipstick, Sounds like you had fun!

Lou / AERO DYNAMICS
Hmm, good point. I tried to run low but did not measure it. Oil meter at 3 position (normally low on dipstick) which normally also means a bit of a noice (like power steering fluid low clunking).

Next time I will try a catch can to see if it helps. That would be the easiest solution for this.

As for the tires, I bought a set of RUF speedlines with those tires and I'd like to learn the dynamics of the car on slippery rubber before trying to achieve good times with better rubber.

Lifting throttle IMO was the best way to cure the understeer but then you loose speed so maybe there are better ways like different lines but when it happens it's too late. 245/255 should be good for understeer? My other set is 255/315 with new rubber but isn't that too much rear biased and more for bling and street driving? Both sets weight about the same though.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)