View Single Post
Turbofrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
As for the life of those tires CHANGE THEM NOW BEFORE YOU CRASH YOUR CAR. not joking.

Don't post until you change them.
Sorry for posting already but they don't feel that bad like you seem to think. No problems at the street speeds at all.

I'll wear them out pretty quickly as they spin so nicely on first gear WOT .

They just don't give you the confidence at the track on the faster corners so I just take those a bit easier. What they give me is the chance to learn how to handle rapid rear end movements at a safe environment.

Lots of level space around the track and I even forced one spin on 2nd gear by giving WOT even after the rear got sideways. That was not easy as the 2 prior spin_tests (car already sideways) ended up getting controlled in an uncontrolled manner by lifting and letting the steering wheel center by itself. That was not planned but that the way both of the prior times were straightened without loosing too much time at the beginning of a main straight? It was a bit odd to say the least and the cabin full of hands too.

I really needed to concentrate to get a full spin. Even though people say 'dont lift' 'dont lift' I did and it saved the spins? I also lift to steer so I kind of don't get the 'dont lift' at all? Maybe I will learn later as I come from 4wd track experience where I always steer with throttle lift and pumping the pedal.

Last edited by smurfbus; 09-29-2010 at 11:44 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)