View Single Post

Excellent.

I truly think there is a lot of opportunity to wake up the CIS 930 by working the ignition side.

I do not think you have Vac-Advance. Only Vac-Retard and Boost-Retard.

Typically the way the 930 two pot system works is timing starts at about 0 deg. Jumps to about 8-10 deg with first accel as the vac-retard falls off. Then mechanical advance at rpm takes timing up to around 25 (to 29 euro) deg's. Then on boost timing is pulled back to about 16-18 deg.

This seems for the most part seems very conservative settings probably to live with having little ability to adapt to different environmental conditions, CIS's poor low speed atomization, and or poor fuels.

I wish they had Vac-Advance. If we could get into the mid 30's on cruse it would probably help with throttle response, lower temps, and better MPG's.

There is probably also much crisper throttle response off idle and even more power on boost with more advance. (The 91-94's CIS turbo's run more advance but can pull timing with higher temps).

The best.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)