View Single Post

Here's another 18x11" RH 3.6 style rim.

This one started out as an 18x10" wheel in correct offset for a 930 while using the origonal 28mm rear spacers. I bought them used for a low price because the outer rim halfs were bent on both rears.

I bought 2 new RH outer rim halfs that are one inch wider than the ones that were on the wheels from Jim Dorociak.

Then I rebuilt both rear wheels with them and that made the rear wheels 11" wide bead to bead with a deeper dish and they fit the car perfectly and clear the calipers with 315/30x18" tires and no spacers.

I cut the studs shorter on the car and rounded the sharp edges with a die grinder and cut off wheel and painted the ends of the studs to keep them from rusting with black enamel.

The origonal spare tire wheel will not fit over the caliper without at least a 21mm spacer so I left enough length on the studs and carry a 21mm spacer in the trunk with the spare to be able to do that if I ever have to.

Here's the right rear.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)