Thread: My Arch Nemesis
View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
My Arch Nemesis

Yesterday, I had to confront my arch nemesis, a Cobra Mustang. Of all the cars that chase me down the Mustang is top of the list. Second, I would rate the Honda Civic with an exhaust modification and 3rd is the Subaru WRX STI.

I'm not a racer and I'm usually in the right lane at a moderate speed. In other words, I'm not provoking races, but yesterday I drew the line. The Mustang approached me on a highway where I was going 75 in a 70. There was no traffic only a white mustang that had been following me for some time. When looking back I see a Cobra quickling approaching and I knew he was going to harass me. Sure enough I hear the supercharger from his car in my left hear and he is looking to race. In looking at his car and I knew it was a newer model Cobra and the supercharger was very loud. To me, I figured today was a good day to at least try to run against this beast.

The temperature was 82 degrees and my car was running well. I was at 3800 RPM in 3rd gear and my 7006 was ready to spool. Again we were running 75 mph and now are bumpers are even. I gave him a nod to race and it was on.

I could hear that supercharger in my left ear take off and I was expecting him to dash out and completely crush my car. What happened was completely unexpected. I was the one leaving him and not only by a little. My car hit .9 bars and I notice I'm at least 4 car lengths in front of him and he is making no ground. In fact, I feel he hit his brakes. "How could I beat that car that bad," I wondered. He wanted a rematch and then another and now after 4 attempts, he was never even close to my car. In fact, on the last to tries I give him half a car lengths head start because I feel he must be holding back. He wasn't and his car just couldn't sprint as fast I could.

I give him a thumbs up and he was on his way. I couldn't believe that my car could win. I went to do some research on his car. I figured it was a least a 2007 or newer, it was convertible that weighed between 3,800 to 4,000 lbs and had a least 500 hp. I like Mustangs and American Muscle is always fun, but it was slow when starting 75 MPH.

My cars weight and hp are unknown. I know I have taken the A/C and air work completely off and HP is a toss up. I learned a lot from this and one thing is you guy s on this forum have some REALLY fast cars! My car is small potatoes to most of you and I now know you own Rocket Ships!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)