View Single Post

Garage
Welcome to the 930 world. Your questions are pretty general due to lack of pictures and information on the car you are considering. First you need to drive it before you commit to a 930. Now for the answers I'll have to make assumptions. I assume this car is average condition, never been rebuilt and passed PPI.

1. Due to this economy this 930 should go for less than $27k especially if it has never been rebuilt.

2. Not true that 930 required 95 octane. Just use premium from well known and respected gas stations. Many different issues can prop up depending on the condition of the car such as electrical relays, ignition, fuel system, engine oil leaks, intake (boost) leaks, etc. Common types of problems can be addressed by an average do it yourself mechanic.

3. 930 has an extra fuel pump (I could be wrong!), turbo and intercooler. It's not much more than a regular 911. Just that a 930 faces more heat shortening its engine life (really the valve train) comparing to a 911. Frequency of oil/filter change is the same for either.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)