Thread: My Arch Nemesis
View Single Post

I think the moral of the story is that the 911 turbo is still an icon and a benchmark; the Carrera (in the nicest possible way) never was.

But guess what? I actually "lost" a drag away from the lights the other day; first time ever in over 8 years... The difference was that I actually waited for the lights to change!

The guy in the suped-up, little, blue Ford (with GT40-style white stripe running up and down the bonnet and along the roof line) was so keen to get away, he went when the lights were still emphatically on RED! And I don't mean by 0.1 of a second, but literally 2 seconds early!..

So I waited.. I'd just hit boost, had reeled the little cheat in easily, and our lanes were just about to converge into 1, when I noticed that he was approaching a cyclist in his lane (the inside) rather rapidly.. Discretion is the better part of valour.. I hit the brakes and made room for everyone. (He'd have either smashed into me, the cyclist, or the both of us.)

I might add, all conducted within the speed limit and no traffic-law violation on my part.

Last edited by tj930; 10-03-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)